It takes typically from 24 - 72 hours for your music to go live to our stores partners. There are however a small percentage of tracks that sometimes take slightly longer to be released due to the review process.
Langalam works with over 150 online distribution store partners to get your tracks released. This includes online digital stores like iTunes, Groove, Google play, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Simfy Africa, Amazon, Shazam, Zvooq, Spinlet, Juke my music, and many more. Please refer to our Stores page for a full listing.
You can login to your account with the LANGALOUNGE portal, and after having made a purchase there are two options you can take:
- Edit your current release information, from the ‘File Manager - Upload Now’ section after having uploaded your music already.
- If you want to make changes after your release is already live on stores, you can contact us directly through your user messaging service for further assistance. However stores cannot guarantee changes being made, so we recommend that you remove your current release and redistribute another version.
Your audio must meet the format specifications below to go live in the digital stores. Content holders are responsible for properly formatting their content. Audio must be:
- 16 bit (sample size), 44.1 kHz (sample rate), 1411 kbps (bit rate)
- You may send us files formatted to the following extensions: .mp3, .wav, .aiff
Your Artwork Must meet the following guidelines:
- File formats should be in JPG or PNG image file
- Images must be a perfect square: with resolution at: 1600 x 1600 pixels (72dpi - 300dpi)
- Images/ Artwork must clearly display the following text: Artist Name and Song/ Album title.
We offer UPC/ ISRC codes completely free of charge for every release on Langalam.
To edit or remove your release, contact us through your User Account inbox. We will send you further instructions.
It takes from 8-10 weeks for our stores partners to provide a royalty and sales report for each release. Royalty payments are typically available 4 weeks after sending out the royalty reports.
Yes, you can check the Online Status of each release, from the ‘LANGALOUNGE portal - Dashboard/ Published Releases’ page after the release has been uploaded. The status is typically updated 24 - 72 hours after you have submitted your track. It is displayed next to the track list. For some stores a link will be provided.
You can withdraw your funds from your account balance under the ‘My Accounts - Balance Withdrawal’ tab after logging in to the LANGALOUNGE portal.
You can access your Sales/ Royalty reports from the ‘My Accounts’ section after logging in to the LANGALOUNGE portal.
In the event of your release being rejected or taken down, you will notified accordingly. This is typically due to Copyright infringement, restriction issues or failure to meet ‘Terms & Conditions’ guidelines,
- First select and purchase your desired Langalam Product Pack (e.g. Single, EP, Unlimited), from the Products/ Pricing Page and then fill in the registration form to create an account.
- or if you already have an account, simply make the purchase and the release slot will be available from the ‘File Manager’ in your LANGALOUNGE portal.
Please find all of our product pricing details by visiting the Shop / Products page.
Yes typically digital stores (like iTunes, Groove, Tidal, etc.) will keep up to 30% of sales from each release, as a retail markup price. For Streaming Stores, the payout differs according to various monthly live streaming rates. These details are available from the respective stores.
Of course you can. After logging into the LANGALOUNGE Portal, Under ‘Extra Services’, there is an option to update your account under your own Label name with the “Label Starter” Service; In this case Langalam will take a total of 20% royalties per release.
You can simply inform your current distributors, that you would like to close your account with them and remove your content. Subsequently you can register a new account with Langalam at any time.